Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
swevrywhere swevrywhere is offline

Default How to move a caption along with its figure?

Hi,

So here's my problem. I am writing a 2-column technical paper in Word
2007. I've inserted a figure and a caption for it, and now I want to
place them at the top of the page (spanning one column). I've noticed
that you can move the figure to the top left or right of the page
(under the "arrange" group), but the caption doesn't follow along with
it. So now the figure looks great but the caption is left in the
middle of the page where it was before. Please, does anyone know how
to link a figure and its caption so that they move together?

Thanks!

Bonus question: does anyone know how to create a figure (and caption)
that span both columns at the top of a page? Thanks!