Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Musser Musser is offline

Default Magic expanding captions

Hi there!

I am writing a thesis in Word (currently about 100 pages) and have a
problem with a few of the captions on my figures. Most of them are
fine, but a few of them have this problem: When I update the document,
the captions incorporate their figure into the caption - including
formatting the figure with style "Caption." Then, everywhere that I
have cross-referenced the caption, the figure gets inserted as well. I
typically end up with figures repeated several times in a row which is
not too hard to find and fix but I would rather fix the captions
somehow.

Maybe the easiest answer would be one that explains how Word figures
out where a caption starts and ends... If I could help it find those
spots I could fix it.

Any help is appreciated!