Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
bjm[_2_] bjm[_2_] is offline

Default Multipage tables

Is there a way to format the whole table so that rows don't split across
pages?
TIA.
bj

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 22 Aug 2009 18:29:09 -0400, "bjm"
wrote:

Is there a way to format the whole table so that rows don't split across
pages?
TIA.
bj

Select all the rows of the table. Go to Table Table Properties (or
in Word 2007, click the Properties button on the Table Layout ribbon),
click the Row tab, and uncheck the box for "Allow row to break across
pages".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
bjm[_2_] bjm[_2_] is offline

Thanks.
Using W2007.

It didn't take as long as I thought to select all the rows.
I'd had trouble selecting the entire table & still getting the "table
properties" menu choice. I *think* I've got that figured out now too

After selecting all the rows, I don't see a "properties" choice on the table
layout ribbon you mention but was able to get to the table properties on the
right-click menu.

What am I missing? Oh -- it's in the "Layout" tab of Table Tools, I'd missed
it when just looking at Design.

I just don't think "rightly" when it comes to how MS thinks I ought to for
finding things.
sigh
bj

wrote:

Is there a way to format the whole table so that rows don't split across
pages?
TIA.
bj

Select all the rows of the table. Go to Table Table Properties (or
in Word 2007, click the Properties button on the Table Layout ribbon),
click the Row tab, and uncheck the box for "Allow row to break across
pages".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
MaxJP MaxJP is offline

I am using Word 2007, and wish to prevent rows breaking in every table in a
document. Trouble is, if I select the entire document, I cannot get to the
Table Properties button. Must I adjust the properties of each table
individually?

wrote:

Is there a way to format the whole table so that rows don't split across
pages?
TIA.
bj

Select all the rows of the table. Go to Table Table Properties (or
in Word 2007, click the Properties button on the Table Layout ribbon),
click the Row tab, and uncheck the box for "Allow row to break across
pages".

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Lene Fredborg Lene Fredborg is offline

You can use a macro:

Sub AllTables_NoBreak()
Dim oTable As Table

For Each oTable In ActiveDocument.Tables
oTable.Rows.AllowBreakAcrossPages = False
Next oTable

MsgBox "Finished."
End Sub

If you need help on installing a macro, see:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/macrosvba/CreateAMacro.htm

--
Regards
Lene Fredborg - Microsoft MVP (Word)