Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
MrBudgens MrBudgens is offline

Default Styleref field / non-breaking spaces

The STYLEREF field seems to turn non-breaking spaces and hyphens into
standard spaces and hyphens.

Am I missing something here or does anyone know any workarounds?

I know that cross-references will behave themselves but I can't use
bookmarked text in this particular case.