Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jacqui Jacqui is offline

Default normal.dot and templates

We are looking at different ways of storing our templates and making
them accessible to our users - can you tell me if its possible to
store our templates in a different location from normal.dot? At the
moment we store everything under c:\template but would like to move
our documents styles (which are templates) to a different location.
Can anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 9 Nov 2009 06:59:00 -0800 (PST), Jacqui
wrote:

We are looking at different ways of storing our templates and making
them accessible to our users - can you tell me if its possible to
store our templates in a different location from normal.dot? At the
moment we store everything under c:\template but would like to move
our documents styles (which are templates) to a different location.
Can anyone help?

Word has two separate settings in the Options File Locations dialog,
one labeled User Templates and the other labeled Workgroup Templates.
The Normal.dot template must be in the User Templates folder, but you
can point the Workgroup Templates setting anywhere you choose.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman