Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
townshipdr townshipdr is offline

Default Office Home and Student 2007

Problems using spell check with Outlook Express, always comes out French
which can't be changed- no options given in drop down options outlook express.

Interesting to me that the most recent post is 7/15/2007 today is 8/22/08 so
where goes all of "OUR" questions or comments
--
prock

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi prock,

The 'French only' speller occurs in MS Internet Explorer's email/news client, Outlook Express, which isn't a part of Office and
never had
its own spell check capability.

The English language proofing tools in Office 2007 are new and include some context spelling error capabilities, however the
Windows/Internet Explorer teams have chosen to not update (at least not yet g) Outlook Express to recognize the new Office 2007
English language Proofing Tools.

There are a number of 3rd party add-ins for Outlook Express that folks without Office have used and they should work in Outlook
Express as well.

Here are a couple that folks have reported work for them. The 2nd one has links to spellers for other than U.S. English (although
with some qualifications).

A. Vampirefo Spellchecker for Outlook Express:
http://geocities.com/vampirefo/

B. Tinyspell: (has separate U.K. English module if needed)
http://tinyspell.m6.net

=============
"townshipdr" wrote in message news Problems using spell check with Outlook Express, always comes out French
which can't be changed- no options given in drop down options outlook express.

Interesting to me that the most recent post is 7/15/2007 today is 8/22/08 so
where goes all of "OUR" questions or comments

prock

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
townshipdr townshipdr is offline

Hello Bob as a Microsoft user and shareholder I would have to say that I am
disappointed that Microsoft would publish a product that doesn't do as it
should spell check in English (U.S) having to go to another source for a
basic function seem abserb.

I have Pc-Illin Trend Micro as Anti-Virius which detected something
Microsoft Home Publishing 2000 which I deleted to clear "virius" what a
mistake that was
--
prock