Bilbert

Default Possible to Automate an Acronym List?

Greetings €“ It has been some time, but I thought I had read somewhere that it
is possible to make an auto-update (similar to other Word lists) acronym list
from document content for the purpose of adding it as an appendix.

Does anyone know of a way to automate something like this?

Thank you in advance, Bill

Daiya Mitchell

No, I don't think you read that anywhere, though there has been discussion
of whether it might be useful.

There might be third party software to help with this, see if google turns
up anything.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Klaus Linke

Hi Bill,

You're talking about an index. You might be able to apply a character =
style to all words in ALLCAPS using a wildcard replacement (Find what: =
[A-Z]{2,}), and then use a macro to create XE index fields for every =
occurrence of the character style (see =
http://www.google.com/groups?threadm...%40tkmsftngp04).

Depending on your document, this may be simple or difficult (say if you =
have lots of capitalized words that are not acronyms, or if you have =
used of character styles that make it impossible to apply another =
character style on top...).

Greetings,
Klaus

"Bilbert" wrote:
Greetings =E2=80=93 It has been some time, but I thought I had read =

somewhere that it=20
is possible to make an auto-update (similar to other Word lists) =

acronym list=20
from document content for the purpose of adding it as an appendix.=20
=20
Does anyone know of a way to automate something like this?=20
=20
Thank you in advance, Bill