Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Marky Mark Marky Mark is offline

Default How do I set tabs in Word Vista

I am new to Vista.... how do I set and manage tabs in WORD? I can't see
anything tied to setting tabs
--
THX M2
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 20 Jul 2009 15:14:02 -0700, Marky Mark
wrote:

I am new to Vista.... how do I set and manage tabs in WORD? I can't see
anything tied to setting tabs

The "visual" way is to use the horizontal ruler. If you don't see the ruler,
click the button at the top of the vertical scrollbar to display it. Click on
the ruler where you want a tab stop, or drag existing tab stops left or right.
When the ruler is displayed, there's a button at the left end that controls what
kind of tab is inserted when you click the ruler.

If you want to enter an exact position or set the leader style for a tab stop,
use the Tabs dialog. There's a Tabs button in the Paragraph dialog, but it has a
bug in unpatched Word 2007, so don't use it unless you've installed the hotfix
from http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935872 (I'm not sure whether this has been
included in one of the service packs). Instead, you can go directly to the Tabs
dialog by pressing the shortcut Alt+O,T or by adding the "Tabs..." button to the
Quick Access Toolbar from the All Commands category in the Customize dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman