Old Swab Jockey

Default Document won't open get error message

Had to run recover disk on my HP computer (safe so as not to delete any
files) When I tried to open word doc. I would get a msg "The application
failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) Click ok to terminate the
application. Ran the Office 2003 disc again and still wouldn't open. Ran the
disc for trouble shooting and replair. Still can not open office documents.
Looked in the office downloads but couldn't find anything, can anyone guide
me along the way?
garfield-n-odie

See http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=822520 "You receive a 'The
application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)' error
message when you start an Office 2003 program on a Windows XP
Professional-based computer".

Old Swab Jockey wrote:
Had to run recover disk on my HP computer (safe so as not to delete any
files) When I tried to open word doc. I would get a msg "The application
failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002) Click ok to terminate the
application. Ran the Office 2003 disc again and still wouldn't open. Ran the
disc for trouble shooting and replair. Still can not open office documents.
Looked in the office downloads but couldn't find anything, can anyone guide
me along the way?

Design mode off document open JoeKager Microsoft Word Help 2 August 11th 05 10:47 PM
Open document Jeff New Users 6 July 6th 05 12:20 AM
Woird document won't open; blames another user; but I am only use. jim longley Microsoft Word Help 2 February 12th 05 04:51 AM
How do I set Word so it doesn't open each document in a separate . ankara1402 Microsoft Word Help 1 January 17th 05 08:33 PM
When I open a new word document there is already text on it. Peter Waldo Microsoft Word Help 1 December 3rd 04 01:49 AM