dawn_treador

Default How to prevent changing or adding styles to a custom template?

I have about 25 custom .dot files that all use the same set of paragraph and
character styles that I defined. Is there any way to prevent users who create
..doc files based on one of these templates from changing or adding styles to
these templates?

One of the useful/frustrating things about Word is the ability to drive a
paragraph or character-style change from a .doc back into the .dot. I need to
prevent this before I roll these templates out to novice MS Word users.

Thanks for any suggestions you can provide.

Graham Mayor

Write protect the templates to prevent the templates from being altered (DO
NOT WRITE PROTECT OR SHARE NORMAL.DOT), but there is no way to stop using
adding styles to their documents.