BS10

Default collect data from DBF / XLS file for Mail Merge

Hi,

my company uses a database to store client information such as client
names, addresses, phone no's etc. Each client has a unique client code.
I would like to pull data from the database into Word. For example when
typing a letter to a client, I would like to simply type in the client
code and have Word pull the Client Name & Address from either a dbf /
xls file.
Is this possible?

(Word 2000, Excel 2000)

Thanks,

Doug Robbins

See the article "Access a database and insert into a Word document the data
that you find there" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterD...DataFromDB.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"BS10" wrote in message
Hi,

my company uses a database to store client information such as client
names, addresses, phone no's etc. Each client has a unique client code.
I would like to pull data from the database into Word. For example when
typing a letter to a client, I would like to simply type in the client
code and have Word pull the Client Name & Address from either a dbf /
xls file.
Is this possible?

(Word 2000, Excel 2000)

Thanks,

DotNet Data Table as Mail Merge Data Source goraya Mailmerge 1 July 7th 05 09:51 AM
pasted chart loses data during merge to email Mike Williams Microsoft Word Help 0 May 26th 05 05:22 AM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
VBA - Data extraction from rtf file tom blower Mailmerge 2 March 5th 05 09:07 AM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM