fsaforo

Default In word, how do I program it to repeat a title over and over?

I have been working on a document and one of the titles is repeated
constantly throughout the document, isn't there a shortcut to retyping the
word/title over and over again.

I remember Word doing this automatically in another document I typed before,
all I had to to was type the first two letters of that word and it would pop
up and I would simply hit enter to retrieve that word into the document
without having to retype it over and over.

Thanks

Flo

Flo
Greg

It is called AUTOTEXT

Type out the long title e.g.,

The President of the United States of America.

Select it and press Alt+F3

Name it say: thepres

Start typing thepres and when the autocomplete tip pops up, press
enter.

Note to get the autocomplete tip make sure ToolsAutoCorrect
OptionsAutoTextShow autocomplete tip for autotext and dates is
checked.

You can use either AutoText or AutoCorrect for this. You decide which is
more appropriate:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/AutoText.htm

http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoCorrect.htm