Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bevmacky

Default write a letter of appeal for termination of contract

I've had my contract termenated because I took a passenger out to work with
me. (I'm a delivery driver) I was not aware that I'm not allowed to do this.
When I went to the dismissal hearing, I was told that the decision to
terminate my contract had already been made before the meeting. I want to
appeal against this decision and am not sure how to word the letter.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Paul Ballou

http://www.businessballs.com/employm...erssamples.htm
Scroll down to the bottom and you will find a letter of appeal that might
help get you started....
--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Life would be easier if we could view the source code

"Bevmacky" wrote in message
I've had my contract termenated because I took a passenger out to work
with
me. (I'm a delivery driver) I was not aware that I'm not allowed to do
this.
When I went to the dismissal hearing, I was told that the decision to
terminate my contract had already been made before the meeting. I want to
appeal against this decision and am not sure how to word the letter.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stan Brown

Mon, 28 Nov 2005 04:13:03 -0800 from Bevmacky
:
I want to
appeal against this decision and am not sure how to word the letter.

Write (on paper) exactly what you would say if talking to a person.

Go through it and change anything you think might be taken the wrong
way.

Type that into Word.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Good luck. You might be well served to consult with an attorney
or with Legal Aid before you send your termination letter to your
former employers/contractors. You might be inadvertently giving
away the "store" in your own appeal letter. Protect yourself by
obtaining legal advice in reviewing your letter. And there all sorts
of legal remedies available to you.

You didn't know about the well-accepted policy of not allowing
passengers to ride with you? That policy has been around for decades
for delivery drivers. It shields companies from liability claims. In any
event, if you were not made aware of it in written policies at the time
of employment, you may have grounds to appeal/sue.