Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grammar Check problem

Default How can I set the grammar check sensitivity in Word?

Hello - I am trying to correct a problem that I am finding very annoying. At
my company there are many documents that are being published with, to me,
gross gramatical mistakes. Some of these are simple subject/verb agreements
and they are not being caught by the grammar check so my employees believe
that they are publishing a document that is grammatically correct. How do I
set their grammar check to a higher sensitivity? I seem to remember that
there used to be an option for "business" or "technical". Does this still
exist or has the "natural" form prevail?

Lori
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Daiya Mitchell

Whatever you can do will be found in Tools | Options, Spelling and Grammar,
under Grammar click on Settings and explore.

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grammar Check problem

I tried there first and couldn't find anything. All my little boxes are
checked, so it seems like simple things should be caught. However, I am
still finding errors like the following:

"Before mailing the check make sure if that particular garnishment has a
coupon that need to be includes with the check."

Leaving out the problem of that quirky "if" and missing comma, the "need"
should be "needs". This simple agreement problem should have been fixed
quickly. However it still isn't being picked up.

Other examples:
"you can get the information thru the managers" I was unaware that "thru"
is now being considered a proper word and therefore allowed by the spell
check. My computer continues to allow this word to function as a proper
entry.

"...and we never get them, in that case you should call...." In this case,
two independent clauses are joined by a comma instead of a semicolon. The
computer suggested neither the semicolon or breaking the run-on into two
sentences. Instead, it insists that the formation is correct.

These are the types of problems that I am encountering. Could this be a
problem in the custom dictionary? Would that have anything to do with the
grammar? I have never heard of it, however there is a first time for
everything.

I could really use some assistance with this matter. All of these little
problems are shortly going to be driving me insane!

Lori