Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Janek

Default Exporting equations and formulas: Word 2003 Gif

While working on conference proceedings I encountered a problem with
equations export (Equation Editor 3.1 in Word2003) into GIF files (via html
export). For some strange reason the GIF images look like if all the letters
were bold.

Because I did these exports some years earlier and knew that the formulas
looked quite good, so I tried to do the export on many computers (with all
the same installation) and found one, that creates good images. Now the
porblem is to force my computer to do nice exports as well

Bad result: http://kdf.mff.cuni.cz/~janek/WordGif/spatne.gif
Good result: http://kdf.mff.cuni.cz/~janek/WordGif/spravne.gif

Notice: If you do an html export in Word, you won't notice any change in
document layout nor the formulas. You have to open the GIFs themselves or
open the produced html in a non-IE browser.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shauna Kelly

Hi Janek

I don't know the answer. But if I were looking for it, I'd do Tools
Options. On the General tab, click the Web Options button. Make sure
everything you see in that dialog box, on all its tabs, matches the settings
on the "good" machine.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

"Janek" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bob Mathews

On 13-Apr-2006, Janek wrote:

While working on conference proceedings I encountered a problem
with equations export (Equation Editor 3.1 in Word2003) into GIF
files (via html export). For some strange reason the GIF images
look like if all the letters were bold.

I don't have any explanation for why Word is converting the equations this
way, but I do know there's an easier way to do it than using Word's HTML
conversion. MathType is the full-featured version of the Equation Editor
that comes packaged with Word. MathType has a feature called "Export
Equations". This will make a copy of each of the equations in the document,
and save the copy in a folder. This is similar to the way Word does it
during HTML conversion, but MathType gives you more control over the
process, and without the overhead of the HTML conversion (which it doesn't
sound like you need anyway). If you DO need the HTML conversion, MathType
does this better than Word does too -- with a feature called "Export to
MathPage".

You can download an evaluation of MathType at the link in my signature.

Bob Mathews bobm at dessci.com
Director of Training
FREE fully-functional 30-day evaluation of MathType 5
Design Science, Inc. -- "How Science Communicates"
MathType, WebEQ, MathPlayer, MathFlow, Equation Editor, TeXaide