Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dlesort dlesort is offline

Default Hyperlinks launch wrong application

I'm using Word 2002 (with XP) on a spreadsheet with hyperlinks pointing to
..jpg
files located on my D: disk.
When I click on the hyperlink in Word, it opens up IE instead of my picture
viewing application (Irfanview).
If I click on a .jpg file from Windows explorer, it opens in the correct
application. I've tried the hyperlink on other computers, and it will either
open the .jpg inPhoto Editor, or Internet Explorer, or the correct
application.

I've changed the advanced settings in the Windows Explorer in
Tools=Folder Options to specify Irfanview, but nothing changes.

How can I make Word hyperlink lauching Irfanview and not IE?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

dlesort wrote:
I'm using Word 2002 (with XP) on a spreadsheet with hyperlinks pointing to
.jpg files located on my D: disk.
When I click on the hyperlink in Word, it opens up IE instead of my picture
viewing application (Irfanview).
If I click on a .jpg file from Windows explorer, it opens in the correct
application. I've tried the hyperlink on other computers, and it will either
open the .jpg inPhoto Editor, or Internet Explorer, or the correct
application.

I've changed the advanced settings in the Windows Explorer in
Tools=Folder Options to specify Irfanview, but nothing changes.

How can I make Word hyperlink lauching Irfanview and not IE?

I'm not sure this is possible: it seems Word behaves here much more like
a browser, not like your OS. Can you test what happens with the same
link in an HTML page opened in your IE? [Save your document to HTML and
open it in IE.]

0.2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dlesort dlesort is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

dlesort wrote:
[...]

Robert,
As you proposed, when I save the Word document as .html, the image
hyperlink opens in IE.
You must know that I have the same problem in Word, Excel and PPT.
On my previous laptop, the hyperlinks were opening in Photoed instead of IE.
Thanks for your quick reply.

Daniel
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

dlesort wrote:
[..]
As you proposed, when I save the Word document as .html, the image
hyperlink opens in IE.
You must know that I have the same problem in Word, Excel and PPT.
On my previous laptop, the hyperlinks were opening in Photoed instead of IE.

Then I would hop over into a newsgroup for IE and ask them whether
registering Photoed as the app to launch JPEG will solve your problem
(and how to do that :-)).

Good luck
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS
\ / | MVP
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dlesort dlesort is offline

"Robert M. Franz (RMF)" wrote:

dlesort wrote:
[..]
As you proposed, when I save the Word document as .html, the image
hyperlink opens in IE.
You must know that I have the same problem in Word, Excel and PPT.
On my previous laptop, the hyperlinks were opening in Photoed instead of IE.

Then I would hop over into a newsgroup for IE and ask them whether
registering Photoed as the app to launch JPEG will solve your problem
(and how to do that :-)).

Good luck
Robert
--