Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
SSkenny SSkenny is offline

Default Symbols and navigation to these symbols in Word 2000

In my company, I have been asked this by two new employees who were
able to do this at the other company.

The want to insert a diamond symbol by keystroke through out a multi
page document. They use this symbol as a reminder to update the
information at this symbol. That I have them set up to do.

But what they want then is use a function key like F10 and cycle
through that document looking for all the diamond symbols to edit the
info there.

I can not figure out the last part using a function key to take them to
the symbols. Is this possible in Word 2000.

Perhaps in their previous company they had a newer version of Word,
could that be it?

Thanks for any help or responses.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

You could insert the symbols and bookmark them, but it would make a lot more
sense just to insert bookmarks.

Another approach would be to insert an empty field (Ctrl+F9). Then you can
use F11 to go from one field to the next; this would be useful only if the
document didn't contain other types of fields.

If the symbol is inserted in a different font, you could use Find to search
for that font.