Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lindimooz Lindimooz is offline

Default want to repeat name many times on page

trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

Ctrl-Y repeats your last *action*. If you are trying to paste some text
repeatedly, copy it then use ctrl-V.

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

"Lindimooz" wrote:

trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

Hi thanks for that now able to do what i have wasted hours on thanks again
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

F4 might be useful, too.

Nice day everybody.

--
Helmut Weber

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
georisk georisk is offline

Ctrl-Y repeats your last *action* in 2003. Does not appear to do it in 2007.
Driving me nutso. What is the new hotkey for repeaty your last *action* in
2007

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ctrl+Y should work even in Word 2007. In the Customize Keyboard dialog box, see which commands are currently assigned to the EditRedoOrRepeat command (you'll find it in the All Commands category).

To display the dialog box: Click the Office button and then click Word Options. In the Customize category, click the Customize button.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

another option if this is to be done in multiple documents is to
highlight the name, go to Auto correct and create an auto correct
entry - something like \n (eg I use \mt for Mi Tasol). Then you dont
have to find the name and use control C / control V all the time

Mi Tasol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The question in this thread was about repeating the most recent action, which F4
(or Ctrl+Y) does. AutoCorrect would only help if you wanted to insert a
particular piece of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

another option if this is to be done in multiple documents is to
highlight the name, go to Auto correct and create an auto correct
entry - something like \n (eg I use \mt for Mi Tasol). Then you dont
have to find the name and use control C / control V all the time

Mi Tasol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The question in this thread was about repeating the most recent action, which F4
(or Ctrl+Y) does. AutoCorrect would only help if you wanted to insert a
particular piece of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

another option if this is to be done in multiple documents is to
highlight the name, go to Auto correct and create an auto correct
entry - something like \n (eg I use \mt for Mi Tasol). Then you dont
have to find the name and use control C / control V all the time

Mi Tasol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

On Apr 27, 6:02*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
The question in this thread was about repeating the most recent action, which F4
(or Ctrl+Y) does. AutoCorrect would only help if you wanted to insert a
particular piece of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message

On Apr 24, 10:21 pm, "Stefan Blom"

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

another option if this is to be done in multiple documents is to
highlight the name, go to Auto correct and create an auto correct
entry - something like \n (eg I use \mt for Mi Tasol). *Then you dont
have to find the name and use control C / control V all the time

Mi Tasol

Sorry I though question was want to repeat name many times on page
which is what thread header shows

Mi Tasol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

On Apr 27, 6:02*pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
The question in this thread was about repeating the most recent action, which F4
(or Ctrl+Y) does. AutoCorrect would only help if you wanted to insert a
particular piece of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message

On Apr 24, 10:21 pm, "Stefan Blom"

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

another option if this is to be done in multiple documents is to
highlight the name, go to Auto correct and create an auto correct
entry - something like \n (eg I use \mt for Mi Tasol). *Then you dont
have to find the name and use control C / control V all the time

Mi Tasol

Sorry I though question was want to repeat name many times on page
which is what thread header shows

Mi Tasol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That was the *original* question, yes, but the recent question was a bit
different. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message
On Apr 27, 6:02 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
The question in this thread was about repeating the most recent action, which
F4
(or Ctrl+Y) does. AutoCorrect would only help if you wanted to insert a
particular piece of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message

On Apr 24, 10:21 pm, "Stefan Blom"

"Lindimooz" wrote in message
trying to repeat text cant get ctrl+y to work

another option if this is to be done in multiple documents is to
highlight the name, go to Auto correct and create an auto correct
entry - something like \n (eg I use \mt for Mi Tasol). Then you dont
have to find the name and use control C / control V all the time

Mi Tasol

Sorry I though question was want to repeat name many times on page
which is what thread header shows

Mi Tasol

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That was the *original* question, yes, but the recent question was a bit
different. :-)

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Mi Tasol" wrote in message
On Apr 27, 6:02 pm, "Stefan Blom"
wrote:
The question in this thread was about repeating the most recent action, which
F4
(or Ctrl+Y) does. AutoCorrect would only help if you wanted to insert a
particular piece of text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP