Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Octavee Uhl Octavee Uhl is offline

Default best method Indexing in word 2002

Hello,

I want to index of 1100 entries in a word document. To make this process
faster I thought that I could make a macro which eliminates some steps.

Right now I mark the entry with the mouse and click on a Mark an Entry icon,
then I click on Mark in the menu and on close and move to the next entry
etc.

I tried to make a macro that saves some steps but when I record a macro and
want to reuse it it would make the same index for the highlighted word as
the word originally used in the macro instead of the new highlighted word.

Any ideas how to speed up the process?

Thanks
Octavee

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

One thing that will speed things up even though it doesn't "automate" the
process in any way - Don't Close the Dialog Box It isn't modal, so you
can work back & forth between it & the doc.

Although it isn't a recommended solution according to some respected sources
you can also use what is called a "Concordance File" to list your index
entries in a two-column table in a separate doc. If you're interested, take
a look in Word help (search on the keyword concordance), but post back for
more commentary before you proceed.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac