Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Mitch Tulloch Mitch Tulloch is offline

Default Displaying current style in Word 2007

In Word 2003, there is a Styles listbox on the Formatting menu, and when I
have a doc opened and select a word on the page, the Styles listbox displays
the applied style of the currently selected word.

How the heck do I display the applied style of a selected word in Word 2007?

Thanks in advance!

--Mitch

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 16:27:50 -0500, "Mitch Tulloch"
wrote:

In Word 2003, there is a Styles listbox on the Formatting menu, and when I
have a doc opened and select a word on the page, the Styles listbox displays
the applied style of the currently selected word.

How the heck do I display the applied style of a selected word in Word 2007?

Thanks in advance!

--Mitch

That listbox is still available, it just isn't visible anywhere by
default. You can add it to your Quick Access Toolbar.

Go to Office button Word Options Customize. Set the category
dropdown to "Commands Not in the Ribbon". Select the Style entry --
when you hover over it, the tooltip says "Style
(StyleGalleryClassic)". Click the Add button and click OK.

Another way to see the style information is to display the Style
Inspector. Open the Style task pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S or click the
little button in the bottom right corner of the Styles group on the
ribbon), and click the second button at the bottom of the pane.

Yet another way is the Apply Styles box (Ctrl+Shift+S), which is a bit
smaller than the Style Inspector.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

My QAT (which I keep below the ribbon), from left to right, begins:

Classic Style Tool / Font / Point Size

So... regardless of which ribbon is showing, I can see this vital
information whenever I need it. Moreover, my QAT looks a whole lot like the
Formatting toolbar in Word 2003, so I feel very much at home.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible