Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jeff Mathewson[_2_] Jeff Mathewson[_2_] is offline

Default Content Controls: default text saying gray

Hello,

I'm having a bit of a problem here with Content Control's default text
staying gray after text is entered into the control. I'm not sure how it
happens, but I found that when it does happen the default text around the
control and the control itself font color is gray. When I reset the color
back to automatic, save, close and reopen the document the font color turns
back to gray after the text is entered into the control.

I'm not sure, but I may have found what the problem could be. When looking
at the documents more that have this problem I found that there are two
types of plain text content controls:

A. ( [Type Text Here] )
B. ( [Type Text Here] )

I found that the problem comes up when there are two types of controls in
the document. When ever there is a control A the next control next to A
will be gray. Type A will turn Black while B will stay gray. Example:

1. Controls type A and B are default text are black with the placeholder
text gray.
2. Save document.
3. close document
4. open document
5. enter text in controls A and B
result:
Control A text is black
control B text is gray

What's odd is I found that the Control A is the default while Control B is
an unknown. Most documents we have inserted controls in are using the type
B control but when I try to duplicate the problem, I can only manually
insert type A controls??

Hs anyone ran into this? And more, what are the two types of plain text
controls shown above?

Thanks,
Jeff.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Click the Design Mode button in the Developer ribbon tab, then right-click
each of the two types, choose Properties, and compare the settings. Are
there any differences?

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible