Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Vicki13 Vicki13 is offline

Default Mailmerge question

I am trying to produce index cards on card stock to do an inventory for a
High School Band. My information is in Excel. I have defined and named the
table. When I use mail merge wizard and I select my recipient from the Excel
document some of my information has been turned to "0". This occurs in the
Item # and Serial # column and appears to be the numbers that have a letter
or a dash in them. I have formatted the original Excel document cells to
Text so it shouldn't be confused. I have tried formating them as General as
well and that doesn't work. Any ideas on how I can accomplish this? I was
able to do it in the past. When I looked at that old Excel document those
cells had no document highlighted under Format cell. Any help would be
appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If using a version of Word before 2007, from the Tools menu, select Options
and then go to the General tab and check the box against the "Confirm
conversions at open." item. In Word 2007, click on the Office button and
then on Word Options and then on Advanced and scroll down to the General
section and check the box for "Confirm file format conversion at open"

After having done this, re-attach the data source to the mail merge main
document and when the dialog box appears asking for the method by which the
connection should be made, select the DDE option.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Vicki13" wrote in message
[...]

Question to MailMerge expert Zoska Microsoft Word Help 1 May 28th 08 12:23 PM
Mailmerge and VBA Question jim Mailmerge 5 January 25th 07 05:29 PM
Another mailmerge question Colonel Blip New Users 9 September 1st 06 05:48 PM
Word Mailmerge Question Amy Mailmerge 6 June 12th 06 09:12 PM
Word mailmerge question [email protected] Mailmerge 3 January 19th 06 06:33 PM