Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reena Reena is offline

Default Avoid opening document in Markup Layout

Hi,

When I open a word document, it opens with the Markup view enabled. I have
to manually change the view to disable it as I do not want to view the markup
layout.
How can I avoid this manual setting and open the document in the normal mode?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mike Faulkner Mike Faulkner is offline

Reena

The document should always open in the view it was Saved in. If it doesn't
then you have to look at the version of Word you are using. Word XP has a
patch (SP2) which solved the 'Final' view issue.

Personally I think it is dangerous to work on a Track Changed document in
'Final' view. I had an incident yesterday where a user was trying to insert a
Front Page into a document that already had one but was Marked up as Deleted.
User couldn't see it in 'Final' view. All became clear after changing to
'Final Showing Markup'. It delayed sending the document by two hours.

Regards
Mike

"Reena" wrote:

Hi,

When I open a word document, it opens with the Markup view enabled. I have
to manually change the view to disable it as I do not want to view the markup
layout.
How can I avoid this manual setting and open the document in the normal mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Reena Reena is offline

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I found a solution for my problem in one of the other
when opening or saving ". I use word 2003 SP2

But one question again is, even after making the above the setting, if you
have not accepted all the changes, will another user be able to track the
changes by manually choosing " Final Showing Markup" ?

Thanks in advance,
Reena

"Reena" wrote:

Hi,

When I open a word document, it opens with the Markup view enabled. I have
to manually change the view to disable it as I do not want to view the markup
layout.
How can I avoid this manual setting and open the document in the normal mode?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, and that's why the setting you mention is on the Security tab; it's
meant to save you the embarrassment (and occasionally legal liability) of
having recipients read material they were not intended to see.

"Reena" wrote in message
Hi Mike,

Thanks for your reply. I found a solution for my problem in one of the

other

visible