Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BK BK is offline

Default page numbers will not continue throughout document

I need to insert page numbers into a 3 page document that has a specific
footer requirement (for publication purposes). The footer is formated into 3
columns on the bottom of each page. For example:

name 1 journal
name 2 journal
name 3 journal

I am unable to get the page numbers to continue onto all the pages. Please
help!

BK
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Have you actually inserted them in the footer? Did you use the Insert Page
Number button on the Header and Footer toolbar? See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"BK" wrote in message
I need to insert page numbers into a 3 page document that has a specific
footer requirement (for publication purposes). The footer is formated
into 3
columns on the bottom of each page. For example:

name 1 journal
name 2 journal
name 3 journal

I am unable to get the page numbers to continue onto all the pages.
Please
help!

BK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BK BK is offline

Yes, I actually have them in the footer using the text boxes for this
particular layout. It will only put number 1 on every page and not number
pages continuously. A real frustration. I will look on your website.

"BK" wrote in message
I need to insert page numbers into a 3 page document that has a specific
footer requirement (for publication purposes). The footer is formated
into 3
columns on the bottom of each page. For example:

name 1 journal
name 2 journal
name 3 journal

I am unable to get the page numbers to continue onto all the pages.
Please
help!

BK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BK BK is offline

Suzanne,
I'm using Word 2007. I really don't understand why it will not do page
numbers. I thought the whole idea was not to have to put them on every page.
It will only repeat the first page throughout the document. Can anyone help?

"BK" wrote in message
I need to insert page numbers into a 3 page document that has a specific
footer requirement (for publication purposes). The footer is formated
into 3
columns on the bottom of each page. For example:

name 1 journal
name 2 journal
name 3 journal

I am unable to get the page numbers to continue onto all the pages.
Please
help!

BK

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

To insert a page number you must insert a { PAGE } field. If you press
Alt+F9 and don't see that field, then what you have is just a typed number.
On the Insert tab, choose Headers and Footers | Page Number.