Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Look2TheSky2 Look2TheSky2 is offline

Default Time format in Mail Merge field

I am merging data from an Excel worksheet into a Word document. Although the
time data in Excel is formatted as h:mm AM/PM, the same time presented in the
merged document appears as h:mm:ss AM/PM.

I think I need to use a switch in the merged field to reformat it to the
preferred h:mm AM/PM.

On the merge document, the field looks like this (after alt-f9) ....
{MERGEFIELD "Start_Time"}.

I do not know how or where to insert the switch (\@ "h:mm AM/PM)??

Thanks in advance for your help. A simple problem, but one I am struggling
with.