Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Legal Learning Legal Learning is offline

Default Word 2007 Page Number style

I want to change JUST the page numbering style like I could in 2003. I would
like to avoid having to change each and every page number building block. I
don't want to change the footer style as I want any other text to go in as 12
pt. There must be an easier way to do this than to change all page number
buidling blocks, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated
--
CLG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Legal Learning Legal Learning is offline

I have changed the page number style and when I insert the page number (it is
a building block now) it comes in as the old font. The building blocks are
what folks use now to insert their page numbers. Wouldn't you think that it
would take the new style font even though the buidling blocks were created
prior to changing the font? I changed one of the building blocks and
redifined it and it worked that way but I don't want to have to change every
Page number building block.
--
CLG

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you not modify the Page Number character style?

"Legal Learning" wrote in message
I want to change JUST the page numbering style like I could in 2003. I
would
like to avoid having to change each and every page number building block.
don't want to change the footer style as I want any other text to go in as
12
pt. There must be an easier way to do this than to change all page number
buidling blocks, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated
--
CLG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The Page Number character style is defined by default as "Default Paragraph
Font +"; that is, it just picks up the underlying font of the paragraph. So
you would need to modify the Header/Footer style, and this would vary
depending on the given building block, I would guess.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you not modify the Page Number character style?

"Legal Learning" wrote in
message
I want to change JUST the page numbering style like I could in 2003. I
would
like to avoid having to change each and every page number building
block.
don't want to change the footer style as I want any other text to go in
as
12
pt. There must be an easier way to do this than to change all page
number
buidling blocks, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated
--
CLG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Legal Learning Legal Learning is offline

Yes, that is a bummer in that the header and footer style needs to stay at
arial 12 pt which is the default paragraph font. Please consider though,
that is based on the fact that I changed the normal style to arial 12 pt. Am
I changing the wrong style? If so, where is the default paragraph font
located for me to change it? I don't think I would want to do that anyway as
wouldn't that change every style that is based on the default paragraph font?
Do you think 2007 made this a bit more harder than before? I think I will
have to change each and every b uidling block because I need for the footer
to stay arial 12 pt for text and arial 10 pt for just the page numbering.
That worked on the one that I tested it on but I just wanted to avoid having
to change each building block. What a hassle! If you have any other ideas
(you have a lot of great ones!), I am open.

Thanks so much!
--
CLG

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Can you not modify the Page Number character style?

"Legal Learning" wrote in
message
I want to change JUST the page numbering style like I could in 2003. I
would
like to avoid having to change each and every page number building
block.
don't want to change the footer style as I want any other text to go in
as
12
pt. There must be an easier way to do this than to change all page
number
buidling blocks, right?

Any help is greatly appreciated
--
CLG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I think you're still not understanding that the Default Paragraph Font is
just the font of the underlying style; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customization/DefParaFont.htm. If you want the
page number to be something other than the DPF, you'll need to define the
font explicitly.