Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JM[_3_] JM[_3_] is offline

Default I can't delete a Style. The option is grey. Word 2003

Dear Word experts,
Is Word 2003.
I can't delete a Style. Really: I can't delete many styles. The option is
grey.
Is a my style, That I ad to all documents (to normal.dot).
Thanks from Spain!
JM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you say it is "my style", does that mean that it is a name that you
invented? If it is a name that you invented, you should be able to delete
it. If it uses one of the built-in names, however, then you cannot delete
it.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"JM" wrote in message
Dear Word experts,
Is Word 2003.
I can't delete a Style. Really: I can't delete many styles. The option is
grey.
Is a my style, That I ad to all documents (to normal.dot).
Thanks from Spain!
JM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JM[_3_] JM[_3_] is offline

Thanks from Spain.
Perhaps Word 2003 can not remove their styles (from the organizer), but Word
2003 allows rename them. However, Word 2003 can not freely rename their
styles. Word 2003 keeps forever in the new name (as a component of the new
name) the original name.
Maybe Word 2003 lets you clear your styles (from the organizer), although
you had moved them to global template normal.dot
Thank you. Sincerely, JM

"JM" wrote in message
Dear Word experts,
Is Word 2003.
I can't delete a Style. Really: I can't delete many styles. The option is
grey.
Is a my style, That I ad to all documents (to normal.dot).
Thanks from Spain!
JM

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

When you rename a built-in style, you are adding an "alias" to the original
style name. Normally, this is done to create a shortcut. For example, I
might rename Heading 1 as Heading 1,h1. This then lets me apply Heading 1
style by pressing Ctrl+Shift+S, typing h1, then pressing Enter.

You can use the Styles and Formatting Show: Custom... option to "hide" some
styles. Click Custom... from the Show: option. In Format Settings, remove
the check(s) next to the styles you do not want displayed.