Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
NYCatNYC NYCatNYC is offline

Default How can I have different top-bottom margins for pp.1&2 in same doc

I have a 2 page document (my resume) in which I want to have .6 inches for
first page top margin and 1 inch for second page top margin - it seems to do
both pages (when I go into "page setup" in "file") no matter on which page I
try to set the margins.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The way to do this is to set the top margin at 0.6", enable "Different first
page," and add space to the Header (which will start on the second page) to
push it to 1". Your request suggests to me, however, that you're putting a
letterhead at the top of the first page. The letterhead should actually go
in the First Page Header. If you set the header margin to 0.6" and the top
margin to 1", you can achieve what you want. See
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm for more.

news