Default Word 2002 mail merge needs to show time in hh:mm format

I am using Word 2002 as part of MS Works Suite with a Works database as the
mailmerge data source. When I merge my time fields Words uses the format
"h:m:s" unless the number is 2 digits (ie. 11:05PM shows as 11:5:0PM) At the
very least I need the leading zero in the minutes field. Tried to figure out
how to "force" the formatting of time to no avail. The formatting of the
source database does not carry over..... I have tried all things including
miliatary time. HELP!
Thanks!
deb
Doug Robbins

See "Formatting Word fields with switches" on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website at

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"
om wrote in message
I am using Word 2002 as part of MS Works Suite with a Works database as the
mailmerge data source. When I merge my time fields Words uses the format
"h:m:s" unless the number is 2 digits (ie. 11:05PM shows as 11:5:0PM) At
the
very least I need the leading zero in the minutes field. Tried to figure
out
how to "force" the formatting of time to no avail. The formatting of the
source database does not carry over..... I have tried all things including
miliatary time. HELP!
Thanks!
deb

Graham Mayor

Specifically for this one the switch is {Mergefield DATEFIELD \@ "h:mm
am/pm" }

om wrote in message
I am using Word 2002 as part of MS Works Suite with a Works database
as the mailmerge data source. When I merge my time fields Words
uses the format "h:m:s" unless the number is 2 digits (ie. 11:05PM
shows as 11:5:0PM) At the
very least I need the leading zero in the minutes field. Tried to
figure out
how to "force" the formatting of time to no avail. The formatting
of the source database does not carry over..... I have tried all
things including miliatary time. HELP!
Thanks!
deb

apply a template to existing documents Bubba Gump Shrimp Page Layout 2 July 28th 05 04:46 PM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I keep two words together? LAD Microsoft Word Help 2 April 15th 05 12:25 AM
Specific Email Merge w/ Specific Attachements Mark B Mailmerge 9 February 21st 05 05:10 AM