Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenniebugs

Default How can I transfer my styles into buttons on toolbar?

Having set up a complicated set of styles and formatting for long legal
documents, is there a way I can transfer these styles into a button format on
my toolbar? - like 'Heading One', 'Heading Two' buttons - so they are
literally a click away, instead of having to keep scrolling down the style
box for the correct style every time I need to change?

Can Word do this anyway - if not, it should!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Create a custom toolbar - tools customize - then from that same dialog
Commands Styles and drag the styles you require to it.

jenniebugs wrote:
Having set up a complicated set of styles and formatting for long
legal documents, is there a way I can transfer these styles into a
button format on my toolbar? - like 'Heading One', 'Heading Two'
buttons - so they are literally a click away, instead of having to
keep scrolling down the style box for the correct style every time I
need to change?

Can Word do this anyway - if not, it should!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Greg

I would advice you to use shorkeys:
Go to Format-Styles and Formatting-Modify style-Format-Shortcut
key-"press new shortcut"
For example heading-1, -2 and -3 are predefined in Word as ctr-alt-1, -2 and
-3.
You can add the same way -4 -5 -6, as I did.
As a technical writer I have no time to find menu options or toolbar buttons.
Just shortkeys.
Enjoy
Greg

"jenniebugs" wrote:

Having set up a complicated set of styles and formatting for long legal
documents, is there a way I can transfer these styles into a button format on
my toolbar? - like 'Heading One', 'Heading Two' buttons - so they are
literally a click away, instead of having to keep scrolling down the style
box for the correct style every time I need to change?

Can Word do this anyway - if not, it should!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John McGhie [MVP - Word and Word Macintosh]

As a Technical Writer myself, I use only toolbar buttons. There aren't
enough available shortcut keys for the number of styles I use :-)

I also use macros to ensure that the styles I apply are applied to the
entire paragraph, thus getting rid of the Char Char bug...

Cheers

On 28/3/06 12:16 AM, in article
, "Greg"

"jenniebugs" wrote:

Having set up a complicated set of styles and formatting for long legal
documents, is there a way I can transfer these styles into a button format on
my toolbar? - like 'Heading One', 'Heading Two' buttons - so they are
literally a click away, instead of having to keep scrolling down the style
box for the correct style every time I need to change?

Can Word do this anyway - if not, it should!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nat Nat is offline

Can anyone help me!!!!

I have created my Styles as a Styles toolbar available in normal.dot.
However, even though the toolbar is shown (and the buttons) the styles are
not available, or when I click on the text, and then on the style button, the
text is not changing.

Why is this, Can you create a style toolbar for the normal.dot template?

Can someone please help?

Many thanks in advance,
Nat

"jenniebugs" wrote:

Having set up a complicated set of styles and formatting for long legal
documents, is there a way I can transfer these styles into a button format on
my toolbar? - like 'Heading One', 'Heading Two' buttons - so they are
literally a click away, instead of having to keep scrolling down the style
box for the correct style every time I need to change?

Can Word do this anyway - if not, it should!

me unless I ask you to.

John McGhie
Microsoft MVP, Word and Word for Macintosh. Consultant Technical Writer
Sydney, Australia +61 (0) 4 1209 1410

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Nat

Nat wrote:
Can anyone help me!!!!

I have created my Styles as a Styles toolbar available in normal.dot.
However, even though the toolbar is shown (and the buttons) the styles are
not available, or when I click on the text, and then on the style button, the
text is not changing.

Then it seems the styles are not present at that moment. Check with the
Organizer whether they really are in Normal.dot. If they are, then check
your toolbar button whether it really does apply the style.

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS