Wild1

Default Strikethrough text

In Word (any version) is it possible to change the strikethrough line color
without changing the color of the text? Has it ever been possible?
Luc

Wild1
I don't believe you can. Only the underline color can be changed, starting
with Word 2000, not the strikethrough.
Luc

"Wild1" schreef in bericht
news
In Word (any version) is it possible to change the strikethrough line
color
without changing the color of the text? Has it ever been possible?

TF

This is a good idea. I suggest that you send this in an email to
and mark the subject clearly as WORD so that it gets
sorted to the correct product group.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Wild1" wrote in message
news : In Word (any version) is it possible to change the strikethrough line
color
: without changing the color of the text? Has it ever been possible?

Greg

Wild1,

Luc is correct and Terry offers good advice.

Though laborious, there is a way to create this effect using a drawing
object.

With the drawing toolbar, select the line object. Strike out your text
by drawing a line through it. Double click the line and set it to the
thickness and color that you want. Next click the Layout Tab. Set
wrapping style "In Front of Text" click the advanced tab and set the
absolute horizontal position to the character and the absolute veritcal
position to the line. Show non-printing characters CTLR+* and then
drag the drawing anchor to the leading character of the text you want
strickened.

Lot of work, I know but it might serve your current need.

TF

Oh. I new about the portal but didn't know that the 'wish' email was
dropped.

terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: Except that it is my understanding that that address is no longer in use.
: The only way to make suggestions to MS at the moment is to post a
: "Suggestion for Microsoft" through the Communities portal.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: ...