Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
perplexed perplexed is offline

Default Hide Page Numbers

I am working on a dissertation and the graduate school at the university
requires that each chapter's first page should not display the page number
but should be counted with the rest of the document. What is the best way to
accomplish this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Insert a section break at each chapter and set a different first page option
for each section. The numbering can run continuously through the document
but need not be displayed on those first pages.