Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Su B

Default Why doesn't my template appear in the current document?

I created and saved a template. When I open a new document and load the
template, nothing appears in that document. I thought the template would
appear. So, what am I doing wroing?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Su B" wrote in message
Yes, Yes, Yes!!! I knew it would be simple. However, it's ALL simple,
when
one knows how! Thank you, very much. I can hold my head up, again! (I
keep
forgetting the "File/New" thing.) Thanks, again.

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:

The way to use a template is as follows:

First, make sure that the template is in one of your template
directories.
Go to Tools - Options - File Locations and see where either your User
templates or Workgroup templates are stored. Make sure that the template
you
built is in one of the two directories listed there.

Then, using your mouse and the menu bar (keyboard shortcuts will NOT work
here), select File - New. If you're using Word 2003, you will need to
also
select "On My Computer."

When the new file dialog window appears, you should see the name of your
newly created template. Select it and you should get a document called
"Document 1" that contains all the content from your template.

Hope this helps.
If you found this input helpful, please select "Yes" for the question
"Was
this post helpful to you?" Thanks!

How Come? Michael Koerner Mailmerge 9 February 10th 06 10:29 PM
Global/Master Template [email protected] New Users 1 October 27th 05 03:34 PM
SQL Prompt When opening merged documents Jeni Q Mailmerge 14 August 11th 05 09:10 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM
Moving templates to other computer GeorgeMar Microsoft Word Help 10 February 19th 05 04:59 AM