beemuu

Default Custom Page setting in Word 2000

I'm running Works Suite inc Word 2000 on Win98 and printing or trying to an
Epson C45. About a month ago this all stopped and now all I get is the
standard cannot print message. I also had Word 2000 lock up at start up and I
have resolved that problem by creating a new normal.dot file. So Word opens
but we cannot print.

I have removed and reloaded Works Suite with no result

I've spent time with the Epson support staff, we have removed and reloaded
the latest driver for the printer to no avail. At the end of the discussion
and after trying a number of options, we went to page setup in the Word
document and found that the only page size available is CUSTOM. The Epson
support team seems to think that this is the problem as the printer does
print the test print ok.

However, I have searched high and low but I cannot find a solution to adding
other paper sizes to the page setup. Also when I select print, if the printer
dialog box comes up, there is nothing in the printer selection line but if I
hit the down arrow both the installed printers are listed there.

Does anyone have a suggestion as I am now pulling out what little hair I have.

Regards

Roy
Sydney Australia

TF

What was the result of the test that I suggested in the reply to your
doesn't matter if you don't actually have the printer) and set it as the
default printer. Do you get different paper size with the new printer?

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

news : I'm running Works Suite inc Word 2000 on Win98 and printing or trying to
: