David Sherman

Default WordPerfect help

In WordPerfect, I can open upa document and then do a Ctrl-W which
opens up a dialog box of special characters. In windows Xp, it is the
Charater Map.

I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item of
4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.

thanks
TF

Insert, Symbol.

However, I'm not familiar with WP and have no idea what the symbol is that
you are referring to. The symbol selection is governed by the font set that
you use: if the symbol is included with a particular font, the symbol will
be available.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

:
: I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item of
: 4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.
:
: thanks

Character 4,16, "masculine Spanish ordinal," is part of the standard ASCII
(Latin-1) character set, ASCII 186 or Unicode 00BA, but it is a superscript
o, not a superscript 0 (much less 00). I don't think there is any such
character as the one you describe, unless perhaps it is the per mille sign,
glyph 2030, in the General Punctuation character subset.

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
[...]

Josie

Try to use the ASCII CODES
press the ALT KEY and the corresponde ASCII CODE NUMBER.
In this case use: ALTKEY & 167 ΒΊ

"David Sherman" wrote:

In WordPerfect, I can open upa document and then do a Ctrl-W which
opens up a dialog box of special characters. In windows Xp, it is the
Charater Map.

I need to know if there a Word item similar to the WordPerfect item of
4,16 which appears to be a superscript 00.

thanks

TF

Whoops. Yes that's correct. I had the correct symbol but used wrong name!

Terry

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
: Alt+0167 is not a pilcrow (¶) but a section symbol.
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup
so
: all may benefit.
:
: "TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
: ...
: Alt+0167 produces the Pilcro §.
:
: Terry Farrell
:
: "Josie" wrote in message
: ...
: : Try to use the ASCII CODES
: : press the ALT KEY and the corresponde ASCII CODE NUMBER.
: : In this case use: ALTKEY & 167 ΒΊ
: :
: :
: :