Larry B

Default 2nd Envelope is shifted to left

I have Office 2003 and XP Pro.

When I print evelopes from a Word doc, the first one prints perfectly, the
second prints offset to the left by about 1.25". Before the second one
prints, I get a message "The margins of section 1 are set outside the
printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? Yes/No"

The only way to reset this is to close Word and open it back up again.

Is there a know bug or config issue that I need to address? Thanks,

Lar

TF

Larry

Is this an identical envelope? Are you using the Envelope Wizard to print
from or are you adding the envelope to your document? Personally, I hate the
envelope Wizard: it has far too many shortcoming. I use a template for
creating my envelopes. If you go to the following site, there is some
information on creating an envelope template and some add ins that let you
use Outlook Contacts to add addresses, etc.

http://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Larry B" wrote in message
:I have Office 2003 and XP Pro.
:
: When I print evelopes from a Word doc, the first one prints perfectly, the
: second prints offset to the left by about 1.25". Before the second one
: prints, I get a message "The margins of section 1 are set outside the
: printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? Yes/No"
:
: The only way to reset this is to close Word and open it back up again.
:
: Is there a know bug or config issue that I need to address? Thanks,
:
: Lar
:
:

Larry B

This is just using the Envelope button on the Word toolbar. Standard
envelope, two in a row from the same document. We use an HP4000TN printer
via a LAN.

The printing shifts over about 1.25" to the left on all subsequent ones
until Word is closed and opened again. I'll take a look at Grahams page but
I sure would like it if Word worked right.

Thanks, Lar

"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
Larry

Is this an identical envelope? Are you using the Envelope Wizard to print
from or are you adding the envelope to your document? Personally, I hate
the
envelope Wizard: it has far too many shortcoming. I use a template for
creating my envelopes. If you go to the following site, there is some
information on creating an envelope template and some add ins that let you
use Outlook Contacts to add addresses, etc.

http://www.gmayor.com/Word_pages.htm

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Larry B" wrote in message
:I have Office 2003 and XP Pro.
:
: When I print evelopes from a Word doc, the first one prints perfectly,
the
: second prints offset to the left by about 1.25". Before the second one
: prints, I get a message "The margins of section 1 are set outside the
: printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? Yes/No"
:
: The only way to reset this is to close Word and open it back up again.
:
: Is there a know bug or config issue that I need to address? Thanks,
:
: Lar
:
:

Larry B

If I go the template route, is there a way to make so that it signals the
laser printer for a manual feed, as it does now?

Thank you, Lar

"Larry B" wrote in message
[...]

"Larry B" wrote in message
:I have Office 2003 and XP Pro.
:
: When I print evelopes from a Word doc, the first one prints perfectly,
the
: second prints offset to the left by about 1.25". Before the second one
: prints, I get a message "The margins of section 1 are set outside the
: printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? Yes/No"
:
: The only way to reset this is to close Word and open it back up again.
:
: Is there a know bug or config issue that I need to address? Thanks,
:
: Lar
:
:

TF

Larry

Almost certainly but way out of my league! You should ask this is one of the
VBA newsgroups. They may be able to help you with that.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/

"Larry B" wrote in message
: If I go the template route, is there a way to make so that it signals the
: laser printer for a manual feed, as it does now?
:
: Thank you, Lar
:
: "Larry B" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
: --
: Terry Farrell - Word MVP
: http://word.mvps.org/
:
:
: "Larry B" wrote in message
: ...
: :I have Office 2003 and XP Pro.
: :
[...]

Set the paper source in the template to "Manual feed."

"Larry B" wrote in message
[...]

"Larry B" wrote in message
:I have Office 2003 and XP Pro.
:
: When I print evelopes from a Word doc, the first one prints

perfectly,
the
: second prints offset to the left by about 1.25". Before the second

one
: prints, I get a message "The margins of section 1 are set outside

the
: printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? Yes/No"
:
: The only way to reset this is to close Word and open it back up

again.
:
: Is there a know bug or config issue that I need to address? Thanks,
:
: Lar
:
:

How do I get a No. 6 3/4 envelope to print correctly? HarrietYee Mailmerge 3 May 12th 23 02:52 PM
Printing blank page after printing envelope heybets30 Microsoft Word Help 1 February 17th 05 12:41 AM
How do I restore the envelope printing defaults in Microsoft Word. Tom Nichol Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 05:18 AM
Envelope Size BK New Users 2 December 17th 04 05:02 PM
Word 2000: need to expand the header to the left; left text margi. [email protected] Page Layout 1 December 14th 04 07:54 PM