Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Hobbes01 Hobbes01 is offline

Default How to edit a Table of Figures

Working in Word '07.

Instead of using "Insert Captions" for my figures, I simply typed a caption
under each figure and changed the style of those captions to h8. At the
beginning of my document, I want to list all of my figures with those
captions and the correct page number.

To do this, from the References menu I clicked "Insert Table of Figures". I
changed the caption label to none, and built the table from the h8 style
under Options. Everything looks great. I then wanted to change some of the
formatting of this table which I would like to maintain when updating the
entire table. How do I do this?

For my table of contents, when I right-click the table and choose Edit
Field, the TOC entry under Field Names is selected and I can click on Table
of Contents on the right. This opens a dialog box with four tabs (Index,
TOC, TOF, TOA) with only the TOC tab active. I can do the same thing for the
Index and TOA but cannot find a way to make Table of Figures tab active.
Outside of deleting it and reinserting one, how can I make edits to the
formatting?

Thanks.