Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jackie D

Default Headers & Footers

Hi

I'm having trouble achieving something in headers & footers and wondered if
anyone could help.

I'm creating a business letter template. I've put the company name and
address in the header of the first page. I don't want it to appear on the
subsequent pages so I selected 'Different first page' in page set up. So far
so good.

But I DO want the page numbers to appear on the first page and subsequent
pages. However, a page number is only appearing on the first page.

Can anyone help?
--

Many thanks
JD
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

See: http://addbalance.com/usersguide/sections.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...rontMatter.htm.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"Jackie D" wrote:

Hi

I'm having trouble achieving something in headers & footers and wondered if
anyone could help.

I'm creating a business letter template. I've put the company name and
address in the header of the first page. I don't want it to appear on the
subsequent pages so I selected 'Different first page' in page set up. So far
so good.

But I DO want the page numbers to appear on the first page and subsequent
pages. However, a page number is only appearing on the first page.

Can anyone help?
--

Many thanks
JD

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Put the page number in the first page footer? as well as the continuation
footer?

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users