Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Missy

Default StyleRef!

Can you insert Heading 1 and Heading 2 on Headers using StyleRef??? I am able
to only insert heading 1's at the moment but I want some of my pages to have
heading 2's.

If so, can you tell me how to do it please

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

See the first section of the article at
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/StyleRef.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Missy" wrote in message
Can you insert Heading 1 and Heading 2 on Headers using StyleRef???

I am able
to only insert heading 1's at the moment but I want some of my pages

to have
heading 2's.

If so, can you tell me how to do it please

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

If the purpose is to display either a Heading 1 or a Heading 2
paragraph, I guess a character style, applied to the appropriate
paragraphs, would do it. It wouldn't take care of all possible
situations, of course.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Missy wrote:
Can you insert Heading 1 and Heading 2 on Headers using

StyleRef??? I
am able to only insert heading 1's at the moment but I want some

of
my pages to have heading 2's.

If so, can you tell me how to do it please

Thank you!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
If the purpose is to display either a Heading 1 or a Heading 2
paragraph, I guess a character style, applied to the appropriate
paragraphs, would do it. It wouldn't take care of all possible
situations, of course.

Correction: ...display *the text and/or numbering of* either a Heading
1 or a Heading 2 paragraph...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Missy

Hi,

Thank you for all replies. I have tried what you told me to do and I know
what you mean but it still isnt working for what I want it to do.

I determine Heading 1 and heading 2 by the titles of the pages as some are
heading 1 and heading 2.

I have headers on every single page and if say the first page title is
heading 1, i want this heading 1 to be displayed in the header. If the third
page is heading 2, i want heading 2 to be displayed in the header for that
page and so on.

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
If the purpose is to display either a Heading 1 or a Heading 2
paragraph, I guess a character style, applied to the appropriate
paragraphs, would do it. It wouldn't take care of all possible
situations, of course.

Correction: ...display *the text and/or numbering of* either a Heading
1 or a Heading 2 paragraph...

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Create a *character style*. Do not change any of the parameters. All you are
interested in is the name. Apply this style to the headings you want to
appear in your styleref field. As it doesn't actually do anything beyond
providing a common name, the formatting of the headings will not change. You
can call the character style in your Styleref field. The underlying
*paragraph* style name is not affected, so your TOC based on the heading
styles will not be affected.