Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Philip Seccombe Philip Seccombe is offline

Default Word 2003 numbered list not displaying correctly in Word 2007

I've not been able to replicate the problem yet but I believe the issue is
when modifying the list in 2003 slightly and it doesn't show in 2007.
See this file: http://www.turnstone.co.nz/files/Problem.doc
If you open it in Word 2003 it has 4., 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5
If you open it in Word 2007 it has 4., 4.1 and the others don't show up.

I believe this is a bug with the software of how 2007 displays this.
We only have one user at our customers with Word 2007 and its an OEM copy so
I cannot contact Microsoft without paying.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to show in 2007 correctly or convert
it etc?
The user has a lot of documents this is happening to.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In Word 2003, try setting up the numbering correctly attached to paragraph
styles as explained at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. Does that
fix the problem?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Philip Seccombe" wrote in message
I've not been able to replicate the problem yet but I believe the issue is
when modifying the list in 2003 slightly and it doesn't show in 2007.
See this file: http://www.turnstone.co.nz/files/Problem.doc
If you open it in Word 2003 it has 4., 4.1, 4.2, 4.3, 4.4, 4.5
If you open it in Word 2007 it has 4., 4.1 and the others don't show up.

I believe this is a bug with the software of how 2007 displays this.
We only have one user at our customers with Word 2007 and its an OEM copy
so
I cannot contact Microsoft without paying.
Anyone have any ideas on how to get it to show in 2007 correctly or
convert
it etc?
The user has a lot of documents this is happening to.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Philip Seccombe[_2_] Philip Seccombe[_2_] is offline

I know there is a way to create the numbering so it works in both, the
problem is something which displays fine in 2003 and doesn't in 2007.

There are a number of documents which have been created like this and it
will be a nightmare to go through and redo every one of them to work

"Stefan Blom" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

But was numbering originally created as recommended? If not, I suspect that
there is no easy fix to fix it. One possibility, I guess, would be
converting the documents to PDF.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP