Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
athome

Default switching between portrait and landscaping not working

last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while all others are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when it prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does not print to
right margin.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you click on the Show/Hide button ¶, does each line end in a ¶? If so,
see the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while all others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does not print to
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
athome

The last two pages are actually set up as tables and they do not print to the
right margin. In print preview, they look perfect, but do not print they way
they look. Each line in the table does end in a paragraph.

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while all others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does not print to
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Did you change the width of the tables when you switched the orientation?
They will not expand automatically to fill up the additional space.

Or are you saying that the right hand part of the table does not print, i.e,
that it is cut off?

--

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while all
others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does not print
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
athome

Yes, I changed the width of the tables. When I do print preview, it looks
perfect. It is not cutting off the text at all. Its as if it compresses it
and prints. It prints landscape orientation but does not print to the full
margin set on the right side. I have margins of 0.7 right and 0.5 left. If
I copy and paste the table into a blank document, it will print perfectly.
It has to be some way in which the section is set up, but I cannot figure it
out especially since in print preview it looks perfect and the fact that I
can copy and paste my table into a new blank document that it will print
perfect. I am so frustrated over this.

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while all
others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does not print
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
athome

I still do not have this issue resolved. I have done step by step
instructions on switching from portrait to landscape and it will still not
work. Is there any chance I could speak to you or send you my document?
What would you charge me to do that? I'm desperate!

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while all
others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does not

print
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Send me the document and I will have a look at it.

--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried setting the table width to 100%?

so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you click on the Show/Hide button ¶, does each line end in a ¶?

If
so,
see the article "Cleaning up text pasted from the Web" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape while
all
others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and when
it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does
not

print
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you look at the message that I posted, it will be pretty obvious what you
have to do the address that appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"athome" wrote in message
what is your e-mail address?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Have you tried setting the table width to 100%?

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

If you click on the Show/Hide button ¶, does each line end in a
¶?

"athome" wrote in message
last two pages of my document is to be done in landscape
while
all
others
are
portrait. I highlighted the text, changed orientation, and
when
it
prints,
it does not print out correctly. It print landscape but does
not
print
right margin.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

For the information of anyone else who is interested, the problem was caused
by the table having a shaded background and the printer not having enough
memory to compose a full page. The OP reported that when the shading was
removed, the table printed in full.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

If you look at the message that I posted, it will be pretty obvious what
you have to do the address that appears.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP