Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rockie rockie is offline

Default help fast

I need help for our church christmas play on the 17th.. I would like to make
some kind of screen help with the play on it so they can view it if they
forget their lines.there are about 38 pages of the play, I have word, powrer
point. please help me on this matter. Also I'm realy not to experience on
these programs. I have done small word & point jobs.
Thanks
Rockie
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

The play is probably already in Word, so it may be easier to work with Word.
Are you talking about one screen for all actors to view? How many actors? You
will need to use a large font or zoom to 500% in order for them to be able to
read. It is going to be quite a feat for the operator to keep up with
everyone's lines as well! I would suggest that you allocate each actor a
colour and type their words in that colour. Hope this is useful.
--
Rae Drysdale

"rockie" wrote:

I need help for our church christmas play on the 17th.. I would like to make
some kind of screen help with the play on it so they can view it if they
forget their lines.there are about 38 pages of the play, I have word, powrer
point. please help me on this matter. Also I'm realy not to experience on
these programs. I have done small word & point jobs.
Thanks
Rockie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rockie rockie is offline

Rae,
The play is not in anything right now,just book form. I do have a scanner,
can u tell me how i should do this, should it be one big page, or 38
differant scans?

"rockie" wrote:

I need help for our church christmas play on the 17th.. I would like to make
some kind of screen help with the play on it so they can view it if they
forget their lines.there are about 38 pages of the play, I have word, powrer
point. please help me on this matter. Also I'm realy not to experience on
these programs. I have done small word & point jobs.
Thanks
Rockie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

You will need to scan it as OCR in order to make any changes in font size
etc. You should be able to do this as one document. If you just scan each
page as an image you can't do anything much with it.
--
Rae Drysdale

"rockie" wrote:

I need help for our church christmas play on the 17th.. I would like to make
some kind of screen help with the play on it so they can view it if they
forget their lines.there are about 38 pages of the play, I have word, powrer
point. please help me on this matter. Also I'm realy not to experience on
these programs. I have done small word & point jobs.
Thanks
Rockie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
missmarlag missmarlag is offline

are you trying to make "cue cards"?
you could re-type the play into Word (phew! lots of work) and take it to
kinko's or copier place that will photocopy the 8-1/2 x 11 sheets onto
oversize sheets (kinko's has a plot printer that does poster size copying) -
its still going to be quite a feat to make them readable (and as Rae pointed
out, to keep up with).

are you trying to make "a teleprompter"?
If you have a large projection screen that the actors could refer to, you
could re-type the play onto PowerPoint slides (whew ... quite a bit of work)
and roll through the slides like a teleprompter.

I don't think Word or PowerPoint is your challenge - your challenge is to
figure out how either one would be read from far away, and if the play is 30+
pages long, perhaps photocopying is the better option. We live in a really
small town in northern nevada, and figured out that all of the high school
kids are learning how to use Word and PowerPoint in school - possible
resource? I put a little word in for you during my lunch time "connection
with Him" ... I be He gives you just the solution you need ...

"rockie" wrote:

I need help for our church christmas play on the 17th.. I would like to make
some kind of screen help with the play on it so they can view it if they
forget their lines.there are about 38 pages of the play, I have word, powrer
point. please help me on this matter. Also I'm realy not to experience on
these programs. I have done small word & point jobs.
Thanks
Rockie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

And if any of the actors is over 40, you will have people who don't wear
glasses because they are a fashion statement, they wear them so they don't
walk into walls.

(Yes, I would be one of those. Cue cards would have to have huge, bold
lettering to be of any assistance for me.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"rockie" wrote:

I need help for our church christmas play on the 17th.. I would like
to make
some kind of screen help with the play on it so they can view it if
they
forget their lines.there are about 38 pages of the play, I have word,
powrer
point. please help me on this matter. Also I'm realy not to
experience on
these programs. I have done small word & point jobs.
Thanks
Rockie

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

missmarlag wrote:
are you trying to make "a teleprompter"?
If you have a large projection screen that the actors could refer to, you
could re-type the play onto PowerPoint slides (whew ... quite a bit of work)
and roll through the slides like a teleprompter.

I'd use Word's Normal view, Wrap-to-window, in the desired zoom. And
yes, the operator has a tough job (you could do it in PPT with a timed
presentation -- that will set the pace for all the actors :-)).

Greetings
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS