Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tania Tania is offline

Default Can I edit a scanned page in microsoft word?

Want to edit my old book manuscript? Need to understand how it needs to be
scanned and in what format? Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If it is a handwritten manuscript, forget it.
If it is a typed or printed manuscript then you need OCR software - my
suggestion would be Finereader, but you should have some OCR software
supplied with your scanner that may be good enough for the task.
There is also the Microsoft Office Document Imaging software that is
supplied with Office, which is a rudimentary OCR software tool.
Do not for one minute imagine that you can simply scan the document and get
a perfect editable facsimile of the original. How successful this will be
will depend on the nature of the original.