Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ian Ian is offline

Default Contents Page

I'm quite hapy with my contents page, except that it has gotten so big, it
now flows over two pages. Is there an easy way of putting it into 2 columns?
I'm sure there is enough width to do this, then it would all be on one page.
I've tried using the column button on the toolbar, but this seems to mess
everything up.
Suggestions welcome...
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This can work, but it is easier if you set up the columns before you
generate the TOC because the right-aligned tab stop at the right margin for
the page numbers is generated dynamically when you insert the field. In the
future, keep this in mind when you start, but for this time (to avoid
deleting and reinserting the TOC), just use Format | Tabs (or the ruler) to
move the tab stop to your column margin. TOC styles are set to update
automatically, so you need adjust only one entry at each TOC level.