Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JohnPod JohnPod is offline

Default Registry Policy blocks opening word doc saved w/ earlier version

I've received as an email attachment a file saved with Word 2000. On trying
to open it, Word reports that the file was created with an older version and
my Office 2003 Registry Policies block my ability to open the file with
Office 2003.

Why is this the case? How do I fix it?

John
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

JohnPod wrote:
I've received as an email attachment a file saved with Word 2000. On
trying to open it, Word reports that the file was created with an
older version and my Office 2003 Registry Policies block my ability
to open the file with Office 2003.

Why is this the case? How do I fix it?

John

Most likely, this is the result of a change introduced in Service Pack 3.
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/922849 and
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/938810 for workarounds.

--
Regards,