Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DR Samuel

Default Memory error with table autoformat

When I try to use table autoformat, I get the ridiculous error message that
there is insufficient memory, even in a small blank table with only Word
loaded. I have 1 024Mb RAM and 37Gb available disk space. I use Windows XP
Professional with Office 2003, on an HP Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz notebook.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RFIgU2FtdWVs?=,

When I try to use table autoformat, I get the ridiculous error message that
there is insufficient memory, even in a small blank table with only Word
loaded. I have 1 024Mb RAM and 37Gb available disk space. I use Windows XP
Professional with Office 2003, on an HP Pentium 4 3.2 Ghz notebook.

this message usually means Word is running out of file space for writing
"scratch" files. Like where it's saving information for the Undo list. This
tends to happen most often when formatting tables, as that's a very complex
operation.

Close Word and restart Windows. Go to your profile's TEMP folder and delete
stuff there. Also delete all files you find in the folder where that document
is saved that start with a ~ or end in tmp.

Now start Word, open the document and try again.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DR Samuel

Cindy

Please be more specific about where to find "my profile's TEMP folder" and
the "stuff" I shouuld delete there.

I doubt whether your suggestion will solve my problem: The error occurs even
with a new 3 column x 3 row blank table with nothing in the Undo list and no
other programs loaded.

Regards

DR Samuel

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?RFIgU2FtdWVs?=,

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?RFIgU2FtdWVs?=,

Please be more specific about where to find "my profile's TEMP folder" and
the "stuff" I shouuld delete there.

C:\Documents and Settings\[Your login name here]\Local Settings\Temp

is the installation default. Delete everything in here that Windows will let
you delete (make sure no applications are running)

I doubt whether your suggestion will solve my problem: The error occurs even
with a new 3 column x 3 row blank table with nothing in the Undo list and no
other programs loaded.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org