Mark

Default Reuse a specific format:

I am trying to find out if there is a way to reuse a format within
a document. Specifically I am using a format in many different places
within a document that utilizes:

1) Superscript
2) Bold
3) Blue Font

It is tedious to have to always depress all three buttons from the
top of the screen in order to achieve this and even using the format
painter button is hard as I have to go and select one of the small
sections on the document that have this format and then hit the
painter. Is there an easier way? I hope so. Thanks for your time...

Anne Troy

Create styles, Mark. See this article:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am trying to find out if there is a way to reuse a format within
a document. Specifically I am using a format in many different places
within a document that utilizes:

1) Superscript
2) Bold
3) Blue Font

It is tedious to have to always depress all three buttons from the
top of the screen in order to achieve this and even using the format
painter button is hard as I have to go and select one of the small
sections on the document that have this format and then hit the
painter. Is there an easier way? I hope so. Thanks for your time...

This is what styles are for. See these articles:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/using/column14.asp

How to apply a style in Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styles/ApplyAStyle.html

How to modify a style in Word
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html

"Mark" wrote in message
oups.com...

I am trying to find out if there is a way to reuse a format within
a document. Specifically I am using a format in many different places
within a document that utilizes:

1) Superscript
2) Bold
3) Blue Font

It is tedious to have to always depress all three buttons from the
top of the screen in order to achieve this and even using the format
painter button is hard as I have to go and select one of the small
sections on the document that have this format and then hit the
painter. Is there an easier way? I hope so. Thanks for your time...

BillW50

Well there are many different ways to do this. One way is to record a
macro. Then assign a hotkey so whenever you want to do this, smack the
hot keys.

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

BillW50

Well you have me there! grin
Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Anne Troy

It's usually me she catches.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"BillW50" wrote in message

Well you have me there! grin
Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
-- written and edited within Word 2000

Mark

Thank you all who replied. It is the styles approach that best suits
my needs.
Mark

BillW50

Good for you Mark.

Bill (using a Toshiba 2595XDVD & Windows 2000)
--- written and edited with Outlook Express v6.00.2800.1123

Date: 17 Oct 2005 15:56:25 -0700