Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joanne

Default Please help. File recovery

I have worked for hours and hours on a doicument and saved it and reloaded
the saved copy. Suddenly I can't locate it through any of the usual means
and have looked through all the directories. The shortcut file shows 0kb.
What on earth has happened and can I find it somehow somewhere. Please help
if you can urgently. I'm in despair.

thank you nice readers
Joanne
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

What do you mean by reloaded the saved copy?

Was this file attached to an email by any chance?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
I have worked for hours and hours on a doicument and saved it and reloaded
the saved copy. Suddenly I can't locate it through any of the usual means
and have looked through all the directories. The shortcut file shows 0kb.
What on earth has happened and can I find it somehow somewhere. Please
help
if you can urgently. I'm in despair.

thank you nice readers
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
joanne

"JoAnn Paules [MVP]" wrote:

What do you mean by reloaded the saved copy?

Was this file attached to an email by any chance?

-- Was saved in a word directory ... now no sign of the file, have checked that tools allows folders to be seen . Am getting error messages from Word saying that the file is read only it wasn't before ) and when i try and load it up am asked to load the word systems disc . which I don't have. Went through a long process to apparently downlod a patch from the MS site to fix this problem but was again asked for the word systems disc. I loaded the software back in 2000 and cannot find the disc. not convinced it would help anyway as the error came out of nowhere. Maybe I have got a virusa which has got through my virus checker ...

thanks for your help appreciate it.

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
I have worked for hours and hours on a doicument and saved it and reloaded
the saved copy. Suddenly I can't locate it through any of the usual means
and have looked through all the directories. The shortcut file shows 0kb.
What on earth has happened and can I find it somehow somewhere. Please
help
if you can urgently. I'm in despair.

thank you nice readers
Joanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Changing a file from read-only is not difficult. Was this file sent to you
in an email originally?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"joanne" wrote in message
I have worked for hours and hours on a doicument and saved it and
reloaded
the saved copy. Suddenly I can't locate it through any of the usual
means
and have looked through all the directories. The shortcut file shows
0kb.
What on earth has happened and can I find it somehow somewhere. Please
help
if you can urgently. I'm in despair.

thank you nice readers
Joanne

File Recovery bsbm525 Microsoft Word Help 2 February 15th 06 05:17 PM
Auto Recovery file in use by another process Reinier Microsoft Word Help 2 July 26th 05 09:31 AM
open file talbert Microsoft Word Help 1 May 3rd 05 03:14 PM
Templates gman Page Layout 17 April 22nd 05 06:35 PM