Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Razorback Razorback is offline

Default File Recovery

I lost a word document when my laptop lost power and shut down. The file is
there but I receive a "Cannot open" error msg when I attempt to open it. Can
anyone help?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Have you tried opening it with something like Notepad? It could very well be
that the file is corrupt but it's worth trying to see if you can salvage
something.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

"Razorback" wrote in message
I lost a word document when my laptop lost power and shut down. The file
is
there but I receive a "Cannot open" error msg when I attempt to open it.
Can
anyone help?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Razorback Razorback is offline

Thank you so much. I was able to recover most of the data I was unable to
access. May God's blessings rain upon you!