Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Sholg Sholg is offline

Default not able to create footer using the instructions provided

I have used the instructions provided in the Microsoft Office Word Help to
create footers in a document. I am able to create the footer on the first
page of the sections but it does not extend to the entire section. I tried
applying the steps to the next section but the footer does not appear. When
I switch from header and footer and insert a page number it gets inserted
into the header. The switch does not occur. I am using Microsoft Word
Office 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Each section can have up to three different headers (and footers), namely if
the "Different first page" and "Different odd and even" options are both
checked in File | Page Setup.

In your document, it seems as if "Different first page" has been selected.
This means that you will have to copy the contents of the first page footer
and paste them into the main footer.

For more on headers and footers, take a look at the following article:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP